Orthopedic Institute is a leading healthcare facility dedicated to providing exceptional orthopedic care to patients. With state-of-the-art technology and a team of highly skilled professionals, we strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for our patients. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Accountant to join our team and contribute to our continued success.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing various accounting functions to ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will play a critical role in maintaining the integrity of financial data, preparing financial reports, and supporting the overall financial health of the organization.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for management, auditors, and board members.
- Analyze financial data and provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
General Ledger and Month-End Close:
- Manage the general ledger and ensure accuracy and completeness of all journal entries.
- Lead the month-end close process, including reconciliations, accruals, variance analysis, and expense reclassifications.
Financial Analysis and Budgeting:
- Collaborate with the CFO in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Assist in financial forecasting, variance analysis, and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
Audit and Compliance:
- Support external audits by providing required documentation and explanations.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide supporting documentation to external tax advisors to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within the accounting department and collaborate with the CFO to implement changes.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned by the CFO or senior management.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior Accountant or similar role in the
healthcare industry, preferably in a medical practice or hospital setting.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems. Experience with
healthcare-specific accounting software is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and
prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the organization.
Apply online at https://orthopedicinstitutesf.com/careers or email to TDougherty@ortho-i.com.