Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #2155
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
KHS reasonably expects to pay starting compensation for the Systems Architecht position in the range of $113,198 - 143,639/ Annual
Our Mission. Kern Health Systems is dedicated to improving the health status of our members through an integrated managed health care delivery system.
The Systems Architect is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining information technology systems with a primary focus on developing and maintaining robust and scalable systems for current and future business needs that are secure and address regulatory compliance. This role plays acts as collaborator, innovator, facilitator, and enabler to meet/exceed the organizations strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
System Design and Architecture:
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable IT systems, including network, servers, databases, and cloud infrastructure, considering security and compliance from the ground up that meet current and future business needs.
- Create system blueprints, diagrams, and documentation for clarity and reference.
- Provide technical leadership to development and infrastructure teams, guiding them on best practices, design principles, and system integration.
- Ensure that systems are designed for scalability and optimal performance, anticipating future growth and demand.
- Plan and oversee the integration of various software and hardware components to create cohesive, interoperable systems.
- Curate and maintain relevant technical schemas, documentation, and diagrams.
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations, compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001), and legal requirements, and ensure that systems adhere to these standards.
Technology Assessment and Mitigation:
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and assess their potential for integration into the organization's systems.
- Identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities within systems and develop mitigation strategies to minimize exposure to threats.
Security Policies and Procedures:
- Remain diligent about security policies and procedures and educate staff on security best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, network engineers, and database administrators, to align system architecture with business goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, department, user groups and compliance, to ensure alignment.
- Implement quality assurance processes to ensure that systems meet performance, reliability, and usability standards.
- Set up monitoring tools and systems to track system performance and proactively address issues.
- Evaluate and select third-party vendors and technologies, ensuring they meet performance, reliability, compatibility, security and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a contemporary appreciation for technology road maps and vendor strategies.
- Maintain detailed documentation of system designs, configurations, security measures, and compliance efforts.
- Continuously assess and enhance technical posture with current to current and future needs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of applied experience in gathering success criteria, translating requirements into designs, devising, configuring, operating, and maintaining both computer and network systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven experience as a systems architect or a similar position in system design and implementation.
- Proficiency in system design methodologies, tools, and architectural patterns.
- Proficient in AGILE Methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software, networks, and cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with industry best practices for security, compliance, and data privacy.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., TOGAF, Microsoft Azure Solutions, AWS Certified Solutions Architect) can be advantageous.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms and virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivational, negotiation, influencing, and communication skills; with success in team collaboration.
- Being self- motivated and services oriented with the ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations, and function independently, with appropriate initiative, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Data driven decision making through leadership, observation, and logical conclusions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.