Manager Practice Managment Sr - TMC One - Administration, Tucson, AZ
Manager Practice Managment Sr - TMC One - Administration
Job Category Management
Schedule Full time
Shift 1 - Day Shift
Location Options: YES!
Career Progression: YES!
TMC One has 9 convenient locations located in Midtown, East, and Southeast Tucson! Join Us! Locations:
Wyatt - Wilmot - Knight - Rita Road I - Rita Road II - Swan - Houghton - Northwest - Obstetrics
New locations coming soon!
Manages daily operations of medical practice for TMC HealthCare’s physician practices; oversees operations, staffing, patient flow, budgets and efficiency of operations of multiple practice sites.
This position is distinguished from Manager, Practice Management in that it oversees two or more practices and has broader scope of responsibilities.
Manages and supervises staff of multiple physician practices; interviews, hires, and trains; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems as appropriate; delegates work assignments effectively.
Reviews profit/loss statements and makes recommendations on budget resource allocations and financial decisions; ensures all financial transactions are properly executed and recorded.
Serves as liaison for physicians with administrative issues; resolves employee disputes and patient complaints.
Ensures records, logs, files and databases are maintained in accordance with organizational and industry standards, and ensures adherence to state and federal policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Manages budget development and monitors monthly expense and revenue reports to achieve established targets; makes recommendations for capital expenditures and investment plans.
Assists in daily activities to ensure continued operations at a site, when necessary.
Ensures that all patients, family members, and other office visitors are treated courteously by staff members.
Monitors patient flow and participates in the development and execution of marketing activities to support assigned practice(s); ensures efficiency of operation.
Develops contingency plans and responds to unforeseen circumstances utilizing planned resources.
Participates in varying degrees in the preparedness and response to external agencies (i.e., JCAHO, Department of Health Services, Medicare, etc.); assists with annual staffing evaluation and quality improvement evaluations.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) years of physician practice management of supervisory experience, preferably in managing multiple practice sites.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be substituted, which together total ten (10) years.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management theory, practices, and tools utilized (preferably within the hospital or healthcare industry).
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements as it relates to medical insurance and Medicare/ Medicaid.
- Skill in budget management, compiling statistics, composing letters and reports.
- Skill in computer applications such as basic functionality of the computer, PC file and folder, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, contracts, proposals, and related legislation.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in a mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.