Controller, Watsonville, CA
Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare to underserved low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz County and North Monterey County. We began in Watsonville 1978 as a storefront free clinic, and with the ever growing need for health services, in 1992 became a federally qualified community health center (FQHC). Today we are a primary health care network with 12 clinic sites, over 380 employees and continue provide high quality services to patients of all ages.
SALUD offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative culture that values excellence, achievement, innovation and compassion.
We are seeking a dynamic, organized and detail-oriented CONTROLLER. This individual will be an experienced Finance Manager who has successfully managed all key finance functions of a complex organization (Community Health Center or other non-profit a plus) with multiple revenue sources, and who has strong supervisory experience.
This position supports the organization's mission, vision, and values through excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares, develops, and maintains internal financial documents.
- Supervises ongoing fiscal office operations, to include: Payroll, accounts payable and receivable, purchasing, taxes, and related bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Consults with the Chief Financial Officer in the formulation of policies and procedures, and assumes responsibility for the implementation of the same.
- Regularly reviews federal, state, and local procedures, policies, and regulation requirements regarding financial record keeping and reporting, implementing procedural changes as necessary to ensure timely compliance.
- Prepares monthly expenditure reports for the CFO, which indicates by cost center monthly expenses to date, year-to-date expenses, as well as current and forecasted budget status.
- Develops and maintains computer and manual systems for fiscal functions, ensuring timely and accurate tracking, aging, and payment status. (Shall be available as needed).
- Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer prepares, performs, monitors and analyzes budgetary and purchasing processes, providing reports, analysis, and revisions as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a centralized purchasing system, including requisitions, purchase orders, inventory, and tracking systems.
- Works jointly with the Chief Financial Officer and department managers to prepare monthly periodic invoices and quarterly reports in accordance to grant/funding requirements.
- B.A. degree in accounting or related field required;
- Management experience required
- CPA license preferred
- Experience working with Workers’ Compensation billing
- Experience working with the following state programs and rules a plus:
- Child Health Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Family Pact
- Healthy Families
- Cancer Detection Program (CDP)
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Five (5) years experience with progressively increasing responsibility in accounting and computerized systems, preferably in a non-profit corporation
- standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, bending, moving and/or lifting up to 50 pounds.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefit package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, Voluntary Long Term Disability, 401(k), PTO and Holiday pay.
Please apply online with your current resume and cover letter: SaludParaLaGente.appone.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Salud Para La Gente (SPLG) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare to underserved low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz County and North Monterey County. We began in Watsonville, CA, in 1978 as a storefront "free clinic", and with the ever growing need for health services, became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)for our community in 1992. Today we are a primary health care network with over 14 clinic sites and continue to provide high quality services to patients of all ages.
SPLG offers a collaborative culture that values excellence, achievement, innovation, teamwork and compassion while ensuring respect, dignity and fairness for our patients.
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.