Member Services Program Supervisor, South San Francisco, CA
MEMBER SERVICES PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Member Services Program Supervisor to supervise the day-to-day activities of a group of Program Specialists while maintaining own caseload.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and implementing corrective action steps when necessary; coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Complete performance evaluations in a timely manner. Work with the entire Unit to continuously measure and improve the performance. Schedule staff to ensure adequate level of service to members, adjust schedules, and ensure backup coverage as needed
- Establish, monitor and evaluate staff performance through a variety of reporting mechanisms to assure that services are provided promptly and there is adequate staff coverage.
- Oversee and/or manage selection and orientation process for new employees.
- Provide on-going training and staff development.
- Perform all duties of a program specialist; handle more difficult member inquiries and concerns.
- Develop and revise policies, procedures and correspondence.
- Review entries made to HPSM system to ensure that calls are documented
- Communicate on an on-going basis with other HPSM departments regarding cases requiring additional intervention.
- Represent Member Services at internal and external meetings; participate in department and management meetings; participate in external meetings, committees, and coalitions as requested by or approved by Manager.
- Oversee production of weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports.
- Analyze new or updated regulations, laws and contract language and implement appropriate changes to internal policies, procedures and workflows.
- Provide back up to other managers/supervisors when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Four (4) years of experience providing customer service in a healthcare setting, Experience working with persons with disabilities and/or seniors, Previous supervisory experience in customer service or demonstrated leadership success.
Knowledge of: Medicare and Medi-Cal programs, Managed care, Medical terminology, Phone systems and call documentation systems highly preferred, Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Supervisory principles and practices as well as techniques and methods to organize and manage direct reports
Ability to: Supervise and motivate staff, Provide excellent customer service, Communicate effectively orally and in writing, Make presentations, Analyze issues and resolve problems with minimal guidance, Demonstrate PC skills and experience with the range of Microsoft Office products preferred, Work weekends and outside regular business hours.
Other: Must have access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid license with proof of insurance to go to offsite events, Bilingual skills in Spanish, Tagalog or Russian may be required for this position.
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion (5%) of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.