Member Services Lead, South San Francisco, CA
MEMBER SERVICES LEAD
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Member Services Lead to provide lead direction in assigning, directing and reviewing the work of a group of Member Services Representatives (MSR) . The essential duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Will perform all the duties of a Member Services Representative including the handling of escalated or complex issues.
- Assist the Call Center Supervisor with day-to-day activities of the Call Center including promoting teamwork, leadership and recommending changes to improve work flow in order to meet department goals.
- Function as lead by assigning projects, monitoring workflow and providing guidance to the Member Services Representatives.
- Monitor live and recorded calls; conduct post-call audits as needed
- Schedule breaks and downtime based on staffing to provide maximum phone coverage.
- Assist in the training and evaluation of MS Reps.
- Participate in the creation and formalization of processes with the goal of providing consistency and increasing member satisfaction.
- Communicate newly-identified and potential issues to Management and other departments as necessary.
- Participate in the interview and selection of new Member Services Representatives. Stay current with HPSM and Partner agency updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Associate of Arts degree in a related field. Five (5) years as a Member Services Representative or other call center experience. Experience with special projects, project lead or similar.
Knowledge of: Basic supervisory principles and practices. Policies and procedures related to Member Services. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Plan, assign, direct and review the work of others. Train others in work procedures. Use initiative and good judgment to independently solve problems. Organize own workload according to department priorities; assist other staff with this as needed. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; provide excellent customer service. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Comfortably communicate suggestions for improvement to the Member Services team Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
Starting Compensation Range: Depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE