Director of Facilities, Barrow, AK
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Opening Date: July 26, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Position: Director of Facilities
Reports to: VP of Facilities and Support Services
Salary/Wage: Grade E18; DOE
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5pm
Oversees the Samuel Simmonds Memorial Hospital and associated parking lots and grounds. And ensures that all the facility is operating safely and maintained, meeting all applicable regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees all aspects of maintenance for the facility including the development and maintenance of all applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintains mechanical, electrical, water and controls systems.
- Directs facility repair, renovation and maintenance activities.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for capital budget equipment purchased and installed in the facility.
- Directs purchasing, accounting, budgeting and other business functions of Facilities Management.
- Confers with the VP Facilities and Support Services regarding the analysis of activities, costs, monthly reports, and budgets for both operation and capital projects.
- Obtains and manages equipment maintenance contracts including confirming all test logs are up to date for all equipment.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies and authorities having jurisdiction including but not limited to Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, Indian Health Services, and the State of Alaska.
- Directs facility support services including all maintenance vendors and contractors, materials management staff, laborers, Maintenance Specialists, and journeymen involved in maintenance activities at SSMH.
- Advises, consults, and coordinates with the Hospital Administrator on engineering, biomedical, custodial/laundry, dietary services.
- Participates in formulating corporate policies and assists in developing long range plans.
- Serves as member of management committees of the corporation.
- Represents Arctic Slope Native Association, Ltd. at various local, village, state and national meetings.
- Develops appropriate contacts and maintain harmonious relationships with government agencies, industry and other organizations that have an influence on the attainment of ASNA’s objectives.
- Works with the appropriate Indian Health Service and ANTHC personnel on MIRAC projects, funding, priorities, and facility support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in pertinent field such as, but not limited to Engineering, Industrial Management, Health Administration, or Business Administration.
- Four or more years experience with hospital facilities management.
- Familiarity with aspects of obtaining funding for new projects.
- Computer literacy.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of healthcare construction management methodologies.
- Demonstrated capabilities in previous experience to effectively manage and oversee facilities management and operations of a multi-million dollar organization.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, OSHA, NFPA, FGI and CDC regulations and standards.
- Ability to set goals and objectives to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and to make timely and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet demands of executive management of projects and programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with colleagues as well as outside agencies, organizations and individuals.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the hospital.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
This vacancy announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Arctic Slope Native Association, Ltd. exercises its rights in Native Hire Preference, Contracting/Subcontracting and Employment Practices applicable by law
To apply for a job with ASNA, you can download the application here.
You may turn in your completed application to the HR office, which is located in Utqiaġvik at 7000 Uula Street or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 907 852 9204.