Behavioral Health - Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Responsible for providing social service functions in the behavioral healthcare setting. Provides psychosocial assessments, mental health treatment and referral to community resources where indicated to patients in collaboration with medical care team. Is a resource person to healthcare professionals concerning psycho-social problems and community resources. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Displays good theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and appropriate treatment techniques for each type of therapy.
- Responsible for performing psychosocial assessments to determine behavioral health needs, diagnosis and plan of care.
- Evaluates patient data, develops and implements a plan of care for the patient.
- Knowledge of cultural competency and treatment throughout life stages from children to elderly required.
- Familiarity with medical diagnosis and terminology.
- Ability to communicate with physician regarding behavioral health needs of the patient.
- Provides individual patient and family therapy including walk in patients in the clinic. Available for consultation to Swing Bed, ALF and Long Term Care patients.
- Maintains current knowledge of social, medical and psychiatric services available within the community; maintains supply of resource materials to be distributed to patients when needed. Is able to obtain other resources as needed.
- Collaborates with Utilization Management Coordinator and other members of the healthcare team to provide for psychosocial assistance.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patient and family.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Acts on performance improvement issues identified during CQI meetings.
- Actively participates in Utilization Management Committee, CQI, varying team meetings and other meetings, as appropriate.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of patient/physician/staff information.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Perform related duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate on patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Prepares reports, maintains case records, statistics.
- Promotes personal professional growth through continuing education, seminars/ conferences, professional journals and societies.
- Completes all mandatory education within given timeframe.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Attends annual review and department in-services as scheduled.
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings; reviews all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Actively checks and responds to emails.
- Actively participates in the department's quality improvement (QI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies, and employee handbook.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, vision and values of the organization as well as the focus of the department.
- All Ferry County Health employees are required to maintain confidentiality in accordance with organizational policy, state and federal regulations, including not but limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Meets dress code standards for the department; appearance is neat and clean.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Current licensure as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker.
- Two (2) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of social service, with an emphasis in psychiatric work.
- Current certification/training in the safe management of disruptive and assaultive behavior.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL AND / OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
The attached Work Environment & Physical Demands addendum indicates the physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR:
The Standards of Behavior were developed to reflect Ferry County Health's commitment to excellent community healthcare. The employee's commitment to practice these Standards of Behavior will promote an optimal environment of care and foster a positive work environment. Every employee is responsible for and must follow the Standards of Behavior.
Ferry County Memorial Hospital was established in Republic, Washington in 1945 and moved to its present facility in June of 1974. Until 1989, the Hospital was operated by the Ferry County Hospital Association, a private group composed of members of the community.
Ferry County Health is dedicated to improving health and saving lives in our community. Ferry County's Mission Statement is: To strengthen the health and well-being of our community through partnership and trust.
Ferry County Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Salary $75,000 to $99,000 DOE
Send application to:
Human Resources Department
36 Klondike Rd
Republic, WA 99166
Apply on our careers page or contact HR at 509-775-3333, extension 249 for more details.